AudioP2P | 10-08-2009 | 667MB
The history behind the upcoming Tonehammer Bongajon (combination of Cajon and Bongo) is actually one of darkness and despair. Tonehammer decided to explore both instruments extensively by sampling two sets of professional Cajons (snare and non-snare) and three sets of professional Bongos (small, medium and large). We recorded them as ensemble groups, divisi groups and individual solo sets. The end result includes nearly 8000 samples and 34 instrument patches. We sampled both types of instruments close and dry, using hands, fingers, mallets, sticks and brushes. We made sure to cover a huge range of different playing surfaces on all instruments. Both of the Cajons were also recorded with two different microphone positions (internal and external), so users can truly get the sound they wish. Then, we also captured the 2 cajons and the large primary bongo pair a second time, in a warm, slightly wet wooden percussion studio, just to allow that much more user flexibility. And as a bonus, we ve included a special section of ensemble hand claps, finger snaps and hotrod stick clacks. All instruments and articulations in the library have a full 10 round robins per velocity layer, and up to 10 velocity layers each. The end-result is the most detailed ensemble and solo Cajon and Bongo library in the history of sampling.
* Core instruments/articulations:
o Cajon and Bongo combined ensemble (Fingers, Brushed, Muted, Sticks, Scraps) (dry)
o Cajon Ensemble (Fingers, Brushed, Sticks, Scraps) (dry)
o Bongo Ensemble (Fingers, Brushed, Sticks, Scraps) (dry)
o Bongo set 1 (Fingers, Brushed, Sticks, Scraps) (dry)
o Bongo set 2 (Fingers, Brushed, Sticks, Scraps) (dry)
o Bongo set 3 (Brushed, sticks) (dry)
o Bongo set 4 - Studio (Fingers, Brushed) (wet)
o Cajon set 1 without snare (Hands, Brushed, Sticks, Mallets) (dry)
o Cajon set 2 without snare - Studio (Hands) (wet)
o Cajon set 3 with snare (Hands, Brushed, Sticks, Mallets) (dry)
o Cajon set 4 with snare - Studio (Hands) (wet)
o Bonus: Clap ensemble, snap ensemble, stick ensemble (dry)
* Extensive read me (.pdf) install, patch and hint documentation (.pdf document)
* Listen exclusive interview w/ Mike and the crew (mp3 interview)
* +7500 samples, 1.26 GB installed, 0.7 GB .rar download
* 34 Kontakt patches (.nki)
* Sample resolution: 44.1Khz / 24Bit stereo .wav format
* Format(s): Kontakt and .wav
* Note: Native Instruments Kontakt 2 / 3 / 4 full retail versions required.
* Note: Free Kontakt Player will only work for 30 minutes with this product. Full version required to remove this restriction.